Baldwin GYN & Aesthetics is for all women who desire quality, focused obstetrical or gynecological care with an emphasis on personal needs.
The practice provides the finest in preventive and problem focused medical care, including:
- G-O Spot Shot
- Robotic Surgery
- Weight Loss Program
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menopausal Medicine
- Teen Gynecology
- Adult Gynecology
- Hormone Replacement/Pellet Therapy
- Gynecological Laparoscopic Surgery
- MonaLisa Touch
Now with MonaLisa Touch there is a solution. MonaLisa Touch is a simple, safe and clinically proven laser therapy that takes less than 5 minutes. It restores vaginal health by generating new collagen, elastin and vascularization in vaginal tissue.
You deserve to feel like yourself again. Schedule a consultation today!
Dr Judy Corbett is proud to announce her participation in
Brilliant Distinctions from Allergan. Now you can earn rewards and savings when purchasing Botox, Juvederm, or Latisse products.
G-O Spot Shot
Many women experience a decline in sexual response due to changes in the vaginal health from child-bearing, chronic inflammation, menopause, and aging. Often women struggle with orgasm due to these changes or due to lack of stimulation during vaginal intercourse. G-O SPOT SHOT is an injection of micronized amnion ( harvested stem cells) that is injected into the clitoris and anterior vaginal wall better known as the O-spot and the G-spot.
Hormone Pellet Therapy
What is a Hormone Pellet?
Estradiol and testosterone pellets are inserted in the fat layer under the skin of the hip and release hormones slowly over time, maintaining constant and reliable blood levels. The hormone levels gradually rise, peak at 3-4 weeks, and then gradually fall over the following few months.
In the natural pre-menopausal state, ovaries make 3 types of estrogen as well as testosterone and progesterone. These hormones are maintained in a balance. Hormone pellet therapy is better able to mimic pre-menopausal physiologic levels of estradiol and estrone, 2 of the 3 types of estrogen that are produced by the ovaries. Pellet therapy also offers the option of adding testosterone, which is produced by the ovaries along with estrogen before menopause.
Women who receive hormone pellets find that they feel normal again, many after suffering for years with difficult menopausal symptoms. These women report no more hot flashes or night sweats. They regain their ability to sleep through the night peacefully and wake up feeling refreshed with a general feeling of well-being. Women who receive both estradiol and testosterone pellets also report a renewed sex drive, ability to enjoy sex and experience orgasms for the first time in years.
Insertion is easy, quick, and relatively painless. A small area on the hip is sterilized and local anesthetic is injected just under the skin. A tiny nick is made in the skin and, using a trochar, the hormone pellets, which are the size of rice grains, are inserted under the skin. The tiny incision is closed with adhesive strips and covered with a band-aid. Frequency of Hormone Pellet placement typically ranges from every 3-4 months.
Insurance does not cover insertion or the Pellet medication. Payment in full is required a the time of insertion.
Women and Heart Disease
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the United States, killing 292,188 women in 2009—that’s 1 in every 4 female deaths.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for African American and Caucasian women in the United States
- Almost two-thirds (64%) of women who die suddenly of coronary heart disease have no previous symptoms. Even if you have no symptoms, you may still be at risk for heart disease.
While some women have no symptoms, others experience Angina (dull, heavy to sharp chest pain or discomfort), pain in the neck/jaw/throat or pain in the upper abdomen or back. These may occur during rest, begin during physical activity, or be triggered by mental stress.
- Heart Attack: Chest pain or discomfort, upper back pain, indigestion, heartburn, nausea/vomiting, extreme fatigue, upper body discomfort, and shortness of breath.
- Arrhythmia: Fluttering feelings in the chest (palpitations).
- Heart Failure: Shortness of breath, fatigue, swelling of the feet/ankles/legs/abdomen.
- Stroke: Sudden weakness, paralysis (inability to move) or numbness of the face/arms/legs, especially on one side of the body.
- Other symptoms may include: confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech, difficulty seeing in one or both eyes, shortness of breath, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, loss of consciousness, or sudden and severe headache.
High blood pressure, high LDL cholesterol, and smoking are the leading risks for heart disease. Others include:
- Overweight and obesity
- Poor diet
- Physical inactivity
- Excessive alcohol use
To reduce your chances of getting heart disease it’s important to:
- Know your blood pressure. Having uncontrolled blood pressure can result in heart disease. High blood pressure has no symptoms so it’s important to have your blood pressure checked regularly.
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you should be tested for diabetes. Having uncontrolled diabetes raises your chances of heart disease. Also you should discuss your overall risks factors and consider Cardio-Vascular Screening if recommended.
- Quit smoking.
- Discuss checking your cholesterol and triglycerides with your healthcare provider.
- Make healthy food choices. Being overweight and obese raises your risk of heart disease.
- Limit alcohol intake to one drink a day.
- Lower your stress level and find healthy ways to cope with stress.
Weight Loss Program
Nurse Practitioner managed and M.D. supervised
Find your “Pink” at Baldwin GYN & Aesthetics
Pink is a noun, expressing healthiness, vigor, strength, fitness, and wholeness.
Pink is a color, speaking femininity and womanliness.
Pink is the glow of a healthy woman; strong, determined, vibrant…
Don’t you think it’s about time you found your “pink”?
Discover your “Pink” with effective weight loss.
- Weight management consultation with a nurse practitioner
- Weekly fat mobilizing injections
- Appetite suppressants if necessary
- Healthy nutritional guidance
Acquire your “Pink” on any budget.
- $50.00 for initial visit
- $30 for follow up visits
- $30 for B-12 injections
For more information or to make an appointment contact Baldwin GYN & Aesthetics 251-424-1100
Our MIC 86 812 injections contain Methionine 25 mg/Inositol 50mg/Choline 50mg/812 (cyanocobalamin) 175 mcg/86 (pyridoxine HCL) 175 mcg per every 1ml
- Methionine is an essential amino acid. It assists in the breakdown of fats and thereby prevents the buildup of fat in the arteries, as well as assisting with the digestive system and removing heavy metals from the body.
- Inositol is a coenzyme that aids in metabolism. It has been shown to increase blood flow and decrease serum lipids.
- Choline is a coenzyme that aids in fatty acid metabolism. It also aids in the cholinergic neurotransmission pathway.
- Vitamin B12 is coenzyme for various metabolic functions, including fat and carbohydrate metabolism and protein synthesis.
- Vitamin B6 is a precursor to pyridoxal,which functions in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; pyridoxal also aids in the release of liver and muscle-stored glycogen and in the synthesis of GABA (within the central nervous system) and heme.
Urinary Incontinence Testing
Urodynamic testing is any procedure that looks at how well the bladder, sphincters, and urethra are storing and releasing urine. Most urodynamic tests focus on the bladder’s ability to hold urine and empty steadily and completely. Urodynamic tests can also show whether the bladder is having involuntary contractions that cause urine leakage. A health care provider may recommend urodynamic tests if symptoms suggest problems with the lower urinary tract. Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) include:
- Urine Leakage
- Frequent Urination
- Painful Urination
- Sudden, Strong Urges To Urinate
- Problems Starting A Urine Stream
- Problems Emptying The Bladder Completely
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
Treatment varies based on the underlying cause for urinary symptoms. Transvaginal Bladder Sling surgery is the most effective management for Stress Urinary Incontinence whereas many conditions are treatable with medications.
Call our office today 251-424-1100 and schedule an appointment to discuss your bladder concerns with one of our providers.
Judy deLacee Corbett, MD, FACOG is a Board-Certified OBGYN practicing in Foley, AL. She is the first surgeon to provide minimally invasive surgery with the daVinci Robotic Surgical System in Baldwin County.
The high resolution camera and specialized instruments enable typically complex surgeries to be completed using tiny abdominal incisions. Dr Corbett states “Robotic Surgery is the fastest growing surgical technique in women’s health.” Go to www.davincisurgery.com for more information.
LIST OF GYN SURGERIES PERFORMED ROBOTICALLY:
- Adnexal Procedures
- Vaginal Prolapse Repair
- Pelvic Adhesion/Endometriosis
Advantages of Robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery:
- Significantly Less Post-Op Pain
- Faster Recovery/Quicker Return to Work
- Less Operative Blood Loss
- Fewer Surgical Complications